Wildlife Park & Gift Shop
We are open Thursday – Monday from: 10:00 – 16:30 (last entry 15:30)
We are closed every TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY from 6th November 2018 – 14th February 2019
11:30 – 15:00 within the Play Barn (limited menu during the half-term weeks)
Jungle Café / Snack Area (seasonal)
Snack area open
Ringo’s Soft Play
11:00 – 16:00 within the Play Barn
Safari Train Ride (fair weather only / Seasonal)
Closed for the winter season
NEW Reduced Winter Prices from
6th January 2019 – 29th March 2019
Children and Concessions: £8
(Excluding 16th – 24th February 2019: Adults £12.50 and Children & Concessions £10.50)
Amba the Tiger (04.08.98 – 21.11.18)
We are sorry to be announcing very sad news to you.
We have been discussing Amba’s health more intensively with our vet over the past couple of weeks, and it is with incredible sadness that we inform you Amba was put to sleep earlier this morning.
Amba has been with us since 2001 and had recently turned 20 years old. However, the deterioration over the last few weeks with her arthritis, meant she had started to struggle with her mobility. It was an incredibly hard decision for her team and vet to make to put her to sleep, but it was the only right decision for her as her welfare remains our top priority, especially over our own emotions. It was very peaceful and she was among all her keepers who had cared for her so passionately over the years.
Amba will always remain a strong character at the wildlife park. Her arrival, alongside her companion Rana 17 years ago, brought about the pivotal change of what was then WillersMill Wild Animal Sanctuary, to become Shepreth Wildlife Park, with a strong focus on conservation. Together, the two tigers aided their keepers to help raise over £60,000 for tiger conservation projects throughout Asia, while raising awareness about the plight of the tiger to thousands of visitors every year.
She will be deeply missed by all that know her.
The tiger enclosure will remain empty while we renovate it for new tigers arriving next year. We thank you for your understanding at this very sad time.
- Children under 16 years old must be supervised by an adult at all times on the Wildlife Park
- Train users receive a discounted rate on production of a valid train ticket on any day of the year. Please note; Not in conjunction with any other offers.
- NHS staff, Emergency Services and Armed Forces receive a discounted rate on production of valid ID (up to a maximum of 4 people and not valid on Bank Holidays / Event Days)
- Carers and disabled persons receive a discounted concessionary rate at £6 each (Nov – Feb) £7.50 (Mar – Oct).
- Discount & Free Entrance vouchers are not valid on any Bank Holidays, Special Event days or during School Holidays.
- We accept Tesco Days Out vouchers in payment for entrance into the Wildlife Park only (not valid on Event Days (please check ‘Events’ page for details) or in conjunction with any other promotion)
- Unfortunately we are not able to allow dogs onto the wildlife park due to the strict licensing placed on us. All animals entering the site from non-Balai approved centres i.e. non-zoos, must be quarantined for 30 days.
Full Terms & Conditions here.