Shepreth Wildlife Park
We are currently recruiting for:
- Visitor Engagement Volunteer (Week days also available)
- Gardens and Grounds Volunteer
- Animal Care Volunteer (Placements fully booked until 2022)
Shepreth Wildlife Conservation Charity
- HEDGEHOG HOSPITAL
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a different application form
10am – 5pm
Minimum age for application: 18 years old
SHORT-TERM PLACEMENT TYPE:
- Weekend placement (Saturday or Sunday) for 6 months
- Week day placement (Visitor Engagement Volunteer only) for 6 months
- Four-week block (5 consecutive days per week)
Minimum 20-day requirement
LONG-TERM PLACEMENT TYPE:
- Six-month block placement (5 consecutive days per week)
- One-year placement (5 consecutive days per week)
VOLUNTEER CO-ORDINATOR CONTACT: Dean Ward (Curator)
How to Apply:
- Please email your completed application form to: email@example.com
- Alternatively you can post a hard copy to: Volunteer Bookings, Shepreth Wildlife Park, Station Road, Shepreth, Herts, SG8 6PZ
- On your first day you will receive our Induction Programme followed by a multiple-choice questionnaire.
- Duties include:
- Visitor Engagement Volunteer: stationed around the wildlife park assisting visitors with general enquiries.
- Gardens and Grounds Volunteer: weeding, watering and raking around the grounds.
- Animal Care Volunteer: general husbandry of species on an assigned section: EAST or WEST
- It is recommended you bring waterproof clothing, Wellington boots and steel-toe boots (Please note: trainers / sandals are not allowed when working on the Wildlife Park)
- An up-to-date tetanus is required for all work on-site.
- All volunteers and students must be over 18 years old to start their placement.
There are currently no job vacancies